First Aid & CPR course is designed to teach participants how to:
• Recognize a medical emergency.
• Handle breathing and cardiac emergencies.
• Act appropriately and effectively and sustain life until professional help arrives.
• Prevent disease transmission.
• Identify and care for bleeding, sudden illness and injuries.
This course covers:
• Acting in an emergency
• Preventing disease transmission
• Checking the victim
• Basic life support
• Recovery position
• Heart attack and
• Chest pain
• Bleeding and
• Wound care
• Serious injuries
• Bone, joint and
• Muscle injuries
• Sudden illness
• Allergic reactions
• Cold and heat emergencies
• Rescuing and moving victims
• Demonstrate CPR on realistic looking manikin.
A multiple-choice test is administered at the conclusion of the program. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
All participants are issued a Training Manual (Student Guide).
Course Completion Certificate:
Program participants who successfully complete the course are issued a certificate of completion.