Permit To Work Course is designed to teach participants how to:
• Explain permit types, roles and requirements for issuing / receiving a permit.
• Demonstrate the preparation requirements for issuing / receiving a permit including hazard analysis and supervisory requirements on site.
• Explain and demonstrate the implementation of control systems including monitoring of and compliance to work scope.
• Explain procedures for deviations in terms of change of scope, new hazards, changes in personnel and reasons for cancellation.
• Explain / demonstrate the action for completion of work and procedures for closure of permit.
This course covers:
• What is a Permit To Work?
• When is a P.T.W. applicable?
• Permit To Work Forms.
• Training and Competence.
• Verification and monitoring of the PTW system.
• Coordination of the PTW system.
• Hazard assessment.
• Types and categories of work.
• Life of or validity of permits.
• Gas testing.
• Display of permits.
• Revalidation of permits.
• Suspension of permits.
• Shift handovers.
• Emergency procedures.
• Monitoring work under permit.
• Return of permit.
• Site inspection.
• Cancellation of overrides.
• Return to service.
A multiple-choice test is administered at the conclusion of the program. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
All participants are issued a Training Manual (Student Guide).
Course Completion Certificate:
Program participants who successfully complete the course are issued a certificate of completion