By the end of the Manual Handling course participants will:
• Be aware of the dangers they face in the working environment.
• Be able to explain the make up of and dangers to the spine.
• Know how to assess and approach a lift.
• Know four different lifting techniques.
• Have practised four lifting techniques in a safe environment.
This course covers:
• Type of accidents.
• Definition of manual handling.
• Understanding your anatomy.
• The main cause of back pain.
• Assessment and lifting.
• The six point lift.
• Practical lifting examples.
A multiple-choice test is administered at the conclusion of the program. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
All participants are issued a Training Manual (Student Guide).
Course Completion Certificate:
Program participants who successfully complete the course are issued a certificate of completion.