This course introduces and describe the basic principle of well control, fundamentals of kick’s and blow out with the consideration of the new API standards and HSE perspective, Student well be able to define the means of controlling well’s and well control equipment. Course participants will be familiar with drilling simulator operation and procedures for SCR’s determination, gauge function, panels, line up and drilling parameters monitoring moreover the formulas and simple calculations of hydrostatic pressure and capacity calculations.
Drilling mud additives and benefits of conditioning mud parameters for safe operation is part of the course target.
Attendees will participate in a workshop to be able to identify the working area hazards to keep the safe operation by going through the simple approach of risk assessment and preventive actions prior job commencement.
Introduction to well control course is designed to teach successful participant how to:-
• Identify the drilling parameters measurements
• Identify the hydrostatic pressure concept
• Demonstrate understanding of hydrostatic pressure calculation and pressure gradient
• Identify drilling fluid function
• State the primary, secondary and tertiary well control means
• Describe the barrier philosophy
• Demonstrate understanding of B.O.P. function
• Identify the methods of shut in
• Describe the killing methodology
• well control definition
• well bore pressure
• shut in methods
• killing techniques
• New hire at oil and gas industry specially the upstream sector
• Roust about on drilling rigs
• Floor men
• Derrick men
A multiple-choice test is administered at the conclusion of the course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
All participants are issued training manuals and hand-outs
Course participants who successfully complete the course and score 70% or higher in the final exam are issued a certificate of completion.