Safe Rigging Practices Course is designed to teach participants how to:
• Define API RP-2D.
• Describe the questions to insure safe rigging operation.
• State the duties and responsibilities of Qualified Inspector, Qualified Rigger and Qualified Operator.
• Identify the Safe Practices before start a lift.
• State the importance of Hand Signals.
• Describe the signaler criteria and responsibilities.
• Give examples of most common Hand signals.
• State the Rigging Fundamentals.
• State & define type of Hitches.
• Define Safe Working Load and Safety Factors.
• Define Riggers wallet card and sling capacity chart.
• Describe wire rope components and construction.
• State the Pre-use inspection of wire rope.
• Describe wire rope load chart & its use.
• Describe Bridle slings tension calculation.
• Describe sling stress angle.
• Describe Off-set center of gravity load calculation.
• Describe calculation of center of gravity location.
• Describe the responsibilities of personnel dealing with cargo.
• Describe the safe use off chains and wire ropes in rigging practices.
• State the methods of safely securing a load.
• State the safety precautions when using load binders.
• Describe dynamic and static loads.
• Describe the responsibilities of personnel when moving dynamic loads.
• Describe precautions required when transporting hazardous materials.
• Describe safety precautions required when transferring personnel, using a personnel basket.
This course covers:
• Basic Rigging.
• Slings and their Applications.
• Safe Rigging Practices.
• Rigging Practical Application Individual and Team Assessment.
All participants demonstrate proper rigging and slinging techniques and standard hand signal for directing crane operations.
Individuals working around and with lifting gear as well as cranes are required to attend this training.
A multiple-choice test is administered at the conclusion of the program. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
All participants are issued a Training Manual (Student Guide).
Course Completion Certificate:
Program participants who successfully complete the course are issued a certificate of completion