Fall Protection course ensures that a student will receive all of the proper training pursuant to OSHAs requirement of Competent Persons for this standard 29 CFR 1926.500. This program complies with these requirements, and is a solid foundation for employers to follow up with site-specific orientation and exercises.
This training course introduces and describes the core competence and safety training requirements for personnel involved in Working at Height for offshore & onshore Oil & Gas industry.
Fall Protection Course is designed to teach participants how to:
• Identify the regulation that deals specifically with working at heights.
• Describe working at heights hazards.
• Given various situations and examples, identify fall hazards and make recommendations for correction.
• Identify equipment selection and use.
• Describe proper Anchor systems, selection of solid and reliable anchorage.
• Describe fall restraint systems, selection of equipment and correct use.
• Describe Work positioning systems, selection of equipment and correct use.
• Use energy absorbing lanyards.
• State basic emergency care skills.
• State the plan and write a JSA for safe working at heights.
• Demonstrate the proper completion of a Job Risk Assessment (JRA) and Permit To Work (PTW).
• Develop rescue plans, and test them to prove their effectiveness.
• State the rescue procedures of a fallen worker.
This course covers:
• Working at heights hazards.
• Working at heights activities.
• Working at heights emergencies.
• Rescue of a suspended, fallen worker.
• Pre & Post inspection of fall protection equipment.
• Don a properly fitted harness and verify the fit through a lifting exercise.
• Install an anchor by work-positioning themselves at heights.
All staff involved in working at heights is required to attend this training.
A multiple-choice test is administered at the conclusion of the program. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
All participants are issued a Training Manual (Student Guide).
Course Completion Certificate:
Program participants who successfully complete the course are issued a certificate of