Respiratory Protection & Breathing Apparatus training course is designed to teach participants how to demonstrate an understanding of:
• Why a respirator is necessary.
• What makes up respiratory protection.
• What the limitations and capabilities of the respirator are.
• How to use the respirator effectively including emergency situations or when the respirator malfunctions.
• How improper fit, usage, or maintenance can compromise the protective effect of the respirator.
• An understanding of how to inspect, put on, remove, use, and check the seals of the respirator.
• What are the proper procedures for maintenance and storage of the respirator.
• How to recognize medical signs and symptoms that may limit or prevent the effective use of respirators.
This course covers:
• Types of Respirators
• Exposure Assessment
• Respirator Selection
• Medical Requirements
• Fit Testing
• Leak Testing
• Respirator Care and Maintenance
Required for all workers who might work in dangerous atmospheres with exposure to chemicals and toxic gases in confined spaces and immediately dangerous to life or health (IDLH) environments.
The practical training is centered around the use of SCBA. At the end of the training all participants will be able to:
• Don SCBA.
• Carrying out pre-use and post-use tests to ensure the safe operation of equipment.
A multiple-choice test is administered at the conclusion of the program. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
All participants are issued a Training Manual (Student Guide).
Course Completion Certificate:
Program participants who successfully complete the course are issued a certificate of completion.