Working on a drilling rig is a tough, hazardous job where safety is a critical issue , also Preventing the occurrence of accidents in drilling and well servicing operations is a constant and major concern for any company or contractor acting in the upstream business, Analysis of accidents often identifies a number of contributing factors and/or anomalies, among which the equipment related items and its usage play a significant role , This program concentrates on the rig safety process as a concept to determine the appropriate standard rules before operations commence.
Rig safety inspections are normally an important part of the drilling safety program.
Rig safety objective is both to prevent the occurrence of accidents& to limit their consequences and to minimize non-productive time linked to equipment failure or people accidents.
Drilling and work over safety accredited training program is Recommended for all personnel in every phase of rig operations, it provide a deep explanation for dealing with rig equipment during rig operations, also it identifies appropriate employee behavior while on the rig, the many pieces of safety equipment, hand- and power- tool safety, operations and equipment, first aid, and the proper response to an emergency.
Rig Acceptance and Safety Inspection program will help to teach successful students how to demonstrate understanding of:-
- All Hazards& risks associated with drilling &work over activities.
- Safety rules applicable to drilling and Work over activities.
- Accepted & approved HSE inspection & follow up plan.
- Safety requirements that are applicable to Contractors.
- New safety concept in drilling & workover activities.
(PART # 1) BASICS & DEFINITIONS
- Rules, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Drilling various safety Violations
- Important definition
(PART # 2) CRITICAL HSE FIGURES AND PRACTICE
- HSE meeting, induction & orientation
- Medical facilities
- Loss prevention program
- Personal protective equipment
- Hydrogen sulfide training & detection
- Combustible Gas Monitor & Alarm System
- Wind indication devices
- Emergency equipment
- Dropped objects program (DOP)
- Hazard material communications (HAZCOM)
- Hazardous area classification
- Rig floor & rotary table safety
- Drilling crew HSE responsibilities
- PTW & isolation procedures
(PART # 3) HSE INSPECTION OF RIG TOOLS & EQUIPMENT'S
- Crown block, Top drive, Drawworks and breaking system & swivel
- Monkey board, mast & stabbing board
- Mud pumps, Mud system, agitator, shall shaker, degasser, desander & hopper
- Drill line, raising line & dead line anchor
- Slips, elevators, safety valve & hand tools
- BOP & k-units, chock manifold, separators & flare pit
- Drill pipe, pipe rack, catwalk & air winches
- Electrical equipment, power plant – SCR or equivalent units
- Accommodation, kitchen, food storage & hygiene
- Applicable Environmental laws inspection and Environment Protection precautions
(PARTS# 4) CRITICAL ACTIVITIES
- Rig move
- Mast raising up and lowering down
- Wire line
- Coil tube
(PART # 5) EMERGENCY RESPONSE PLAN
- Emergency Definitions
- Emergency cases
- Preparing for emergency response & emergency drills
- Internal resources & external aids
- Dealing with emergency cases (before – during and after)
- American Petroleum Institute (API standard)
- Occupational Health and Safety Association (OSHA General Industries)